Many of the apartments have their own exterior area. But besides this they also have access to a large courtyard garden, where for example you can make use of one of the picnic tables. The two large rooftop terraces on building 1 are also for communal use. If you walk out of the courtyard garden gateway you find yourself in a large park. This means that you really live in the middle of a park.
The Pathology even has its own catering! There is a daytime restaurant on the ground floor of building 2 which has a marvellous sunny terrace. This is open to residents of Pathology and visitors to the park.
In the apartments
The apartments in the Pathology have high ceilings and nearly all of them have a mezzanine with the tall windows that accompany this. You just can’t compare this to a standard new-build apartment! So that people can experience the space for themselves, we have fitted out a model apartment. The apartments are upholstered as standard, including floor coverings.
No two apartments are the same, but to make it easier to choose from the various apartments we have divided them into 9 types.
On the right side we listed some of the most important features related to the interior of our apartments.
- Bright white high-gloss kitchen with composite work surface, equipped with Bosch apparatus (built-in hob, combi magnetron, fridge / freezer and, with the exception of the studios, all equipped with dishwasher).
- Fully painted, and the walls emulsioned.
- The mezzanine balustrades have glass panels with an oak armrest.
- The bathroom is finished in anthracite floor tiles and white wall tiles, with the shower cabin equipped with glass panels. A vanity unit is installed. The toilet is from Villeroy en Boch.
- Wood effect floor finish on the main floor and mezzanine.
- Curtain rails and curtains can be acquired via the landlord.
- The apartments (with the exception of the studios) offer the possibility of installing your own washing machine. Everyone can make use of the professional launderette machines.
- Each apartment has a storage facility in the basement.
Sustainability and comfort
All the apartments have an energy index between 0.8 and 1.2. This equates to the former Energy label A. All apartments are fully insulated, meaning that noise and warmth/cool remain within your own apartment. All windows are fitted with insulating HR++ glass. The construction of the building is very solid, including concrete floors. All apartments are connected to the district heating, which means that the apartments will shortly be heated using residual heat from industry.
The location is so close to the central station that you hardly need to own a car. Nevertheless we have 33 parking places available. You can indicate whether you are interested in a parking place. The larger apartments have priority in this respect. Parking charges are similar to a municipal parking permit. The parking places will shortly be assigned to the municipality, which will then apply the municipal parking permit arrangements to this location.
Authentic details have been painstakingly restored. For example you access the upper floors via the broad staircase. The ceiling height in the corridors and the original floor tiles are visible once more. There is a cellar which extends underneath almost the entire building, and which has been fitted out to provide storage facilities and bicycle parking. All floors can be reached via a new lift.
- Central washing and drying machines with online booking system
- Communal courtyard garden
- Communal rooftop terrace
- Optional fibre-optic Internet or KPN
- Individual electricity and water connections, and individual central heating meter
- Individual storage facilities
- Individual letterboxes
The following conditions apply to new tenants.
- A minimum income of three times the monthly rental.
- A minimum lease period of two years.
The service costs comprise 35 Euros per apartment. Included in this fee are general facilities, such as elevators, garden maintenance, window cleaning and cleaning and common areas.